Washdown station – Questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Minh Tien Tran
    Participant

Dear Sir/Mdm,
      I have some questions about the washdown station in Cape York
      1. I received a response about the current situation of the washdown station. I wonder why these 2 washdown stations are inoperable although they are built and maintained by the Australian Government? Can you give me some detailed reasons?
      2. I’m struggling to come up with stakeholders for the wash-down station. From a response to my previous question, I received the answer that current wash-down stations are operated by the government. But I see the response to other’s questions (question of David Tempest) is that besides government, there are still some people and organizations responsible to build and maintain the washdown station such as Rangers, Traditional Owners of the area and their Aboriginal Corporation, CfAT, etc. Can you clarify this for me?
      3. And what is the location that CfAT expected to put new washdown stations (besides two current locations Lakefield and Lakeland)?
      4. What is the current MAIN source of energy and water for the Washdown station in Cape York?
      Hope to receive your response,
      Sincerely,
      Minh Tien Tran

Luke Barbagallo
      Keymaster

Hi Minh,

I’ve answered the queries below, hope this provides further context.

1. I received a response about the current situation of the washdown station. I wonder why these 2 washdown stations are inoperable although they are built and maintained by the Australian Government? Can you give me some detailed reasons?
        A: We don’t know for certain the exact reasons, but it is assumed that the cost of maintenance is the main barrier, alongside political/bureaucratic inertia.

2. I’m struggling to come up with stakeholders for the wash-down station. From a response to my previous question, I received the answer that current wash-down stations are operated by the government. But I see the response to other’s questions (question of David Tempest) is that besides government, there are still some people and organizations responsible to build and maintain the washdown station such as Rangers, Traditional Owners of the area and their Aboriginal Corporation, CfAT, etc. Can you clarify this for me?
        A: Approach this by considering who benefits from the washdown stations desired output; clean cars which don’t spread weeds. These weeds need to be managed by rangers and traditional custodian/owner groups, and so this management of weeds is a time drain. So they are both stakeholders. You’ve mentioned most of them in your question.

3. And what is the location that CfAT expected to put new washdown stations (besides two current locations Lakefield and Lakeland)?
        A: I’ve answered this on your other post; assume that it is remote, away from town water or grid energy.

4. What is the current MAIN source of energy and water for the Washdown station in Cape York?
        A: Most of the Peninsula is reliant on bore water with some tank storage, renewable energy and/or diesel generators.

Hope this helps Minh!

Luke

Minh Tien Tran
        Participant

Hi Luke,
          Thank you very much for your response. It’s really helpful.
          Sincerely,
          Minh Tien Tran

Luke Barbagallo
          Keymaster

no worries 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.