Washdown station

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Minh Tien Tran
    Participant

Hi,
      I’m working on the washdown station. I have some questions about the present washdown system. Who installs or maintains the existing washdown stations? I can’t find out who exactly is responsible for building and maintaining it so can you help me?
      Thank you very much
      Sincerely,
      Minh Tien Tran

Luke Barbagallo
      Keymaster

Hey Minh, thanks for your question!!

There are two washdown stations on the Cape currently, both owned, maintained and operated by the State Government. Whilst they have the responsibility to managed these assets, both are currently inoperable. This is why CfAT, our partner, have listed this as a project, as they are exploring the potential of locally owned and operated stations at entry points to at risk country.

There are several questions and answers on the wash down facilities in this forum, so be sure to check these out also 🙂

Luke

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Luke Barbagallo.
        Minh Tien Tran
        Participant

Hi Luke,
          Thank you very much for your response. So you mean that both 2 washdown stations currently do not operate?
          Can you tell me more about the situation of those washdown stations? Where are they located in Cape York and how are they now?
          And what is the location that CfAT expected to put washdown stations (I just see they said that they want to put it at 2-3 entry points around Cape York but I need more detail about the location)
          Thank you very much.
          Sincerely,
          Minh Tien Tran

Luke Barbagallo
          Keymaster

Hi Minh,

Yes, neither are operational, as the State Government of Queensland has not maintained them.

The existing sites are at Lakeland and Lakefield, and neither are currently operational. Assume that the systems that you would be introducing would be remote, and situated at the entry points to lands that are under local community control and management. We can’t provide a specific location, but assuming a generally remote site is the best starting point.

Luke

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.