Washdown Station

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Seng Yong Gan
    Participant

Dear Sir/Mdm

My Team is working on both streamlining washdown station process and energy supply for the washdown station.

We have 2 key questions on the existing infrastructure.

1) What is the current SOP on using the washdown facility, do the drivers perform the washdown or are there onsite staff members? are all the existing washdown facility using the same SOP?

2) What is the cleaning agent used in the washing liquid, are they just normal collected water or are there chemicals added?

Look forward to hearing your input, have a great day, thank you

Keith

Luke Barbagallo
      Keymaster

Hey Keith,

Thanks for your question! I’ll answer it below, but I encourage you read some of the other responses in the forum regarding wash down stations, as their is additional information you may find useful.

1) What is the current SOP on using the washdown facility, do the drivers perform the washdown or are there onsite staff members? are all the existing washdown facility using the same SOP?
        A) Currently, the driver will exit the vehicle and do the wash down process on their own. There are limited instructions, but the design is rather simple. However, the two current washdown facilities on the Cape are not operational. Further, even when they are operational, as they are unstaffed, they are not compulsory.

2) What is the cleaning agent used in the washing liquid, are they just normal collected water or are there chemicals added?
        A) To our knowledge, a cleaning agent isn’t used, as the purpose of the wash down is to simply remove any pest seeds and plant matter. You should consider how this waste water is treated as part of your solution also.

Cheers

Luke

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.