Wash Down Station Design considerations

Centre for Appropriate Technology Discussion Transport and access Wash Down Station Design considerations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shaun Zeller
    Participant

Hi
      I am undergoing the EWB challenge, Center for Appropriate Technology, and my group and i found a government website detailing several procedures/regulations involved in Vehicle and machinery clean down. We are unsure if these procedures apply to an off-grid washdown station.
      these procedures include cleaning the engine via air compressor and providing a vacuum to clean the interior. If you can, can you please clarify.

A link is left below to the website.
      https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/58178/cleandown-procedures.pdf
      Thank you.

Luke Barbagallo
      Keymaster

Hey Shaun,

This is a great resource, well done for locating it. In that resource there is the section below:
        “1.1 General Biosecurity Obligation
        Under Queensland’s Biosecurity Act 2014, all persons have an obligation to take reasonable and practical measures to prevent or minimise the biosecurity risks associated with their activities or dealings with the carriers of invasive plants.”

The operative word here is reasonable and practical. Given that the Peninsula is remote, and building and maintaining these assets is a major consideration, I’d suggest reviewing this document and using it as the ‘best practice’ model, and from there, deciding what is practically achievable given the constraints on country. You will have to make some judgement calls on what the minimum viable product is here.

Great question and resource!

Cheers,

Luke

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.