Stake Holders

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    david tempest
    Participant

Hi, My team is struggling to come up with stake holders for the wash down station.

we currently have;
      CfAT: as they will manage the general construction and maintenance of the wash-down station
      Vehicle owners: they will use it and wont want damage done to their vehicles.

Can you help us with anymore?

Cheers,
      David

Grace Roberts
      Keymaster

Hi David,

Thanks for your question asking for more guidance here.

Those two stakeholders that you have already identified are definitely key to such a project. Another one as mentioned in Design Area 1 introduction under ‘Transport Systems and Environmental Impact’ is rangers. They can often be responsible for maintaining washdown stations in their work to reduce the spread of weeds into and across Indigenous Protected Areas. There is more information and resources about rangers in Design Area 7 that you can explore to understand this stakeholder.

Another group is the Traditional Owners of the area and their Aboriginal Corporation if they have one. Although you won’t know the exact area the washdown station might be installed, you can make an assumption there would be one and factor these groups into your proposal.

Finally, there might be some involvement of state or local government when it comes to road infrastructure.

Hope that helps, you can reply here if you have any more questions.

Best of luck!
        Grace

Grace Roberts
        Keymaster

Hi everyone,

I had another related question come through from someone else:

“I have a question on a stakeholder for the washdown stations in Cape York project, I am trying to write about the local government as a stakeholder and I have noticed that there is more than one organisation that pop up when researching. Is there a specific organisation that we should consider the stakeholder for this project when considering the local government?”

Yes it’s not surprising that you have found several organisations, or local government groups, pop up during your research for stakeholders in Cape York. A useful map and list is here on the Local Government Association of Queensland website. As the EWB Challenge this year focuses on the whole Cape York region, you can either refer to a few local governments as examples in your research, or you could also select a particular place in Cape York to focus on. For example, if you were piloting your design idea, where do you think would be a good place to do so based on your research? Then you could state this in your research as a case study and do specific research around the local government or other bodies and organisations in that area.

I hope this helps, but feel free to ask further questions here.

Best of luck in your project,
          Grace

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.