Project Opportunity 2.4 – Telecom tower placement

Centre for Appropriate Technology Discussion ICT Project Opportunity 2.4 – Telecom tower placement

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jason Santoso
    Participant

Hi,
      My group has been working on expanding the infrastructure of Cape York by increasing the amount of telecommunications towers located in the peninsula.

My question is, what would be the most ideal place(s) in the peninsula to construct these tower so that their coverage around the peninsula is maximised.

Luke Barbagallo
      Keymaster

Hi Jason,

This really depends on a number of factors, and I’m going to respond with some further questions.

I’d ask what the relative cost is of erecting and maintaining distributed telecommunications towers (this would be a high cost exercise). Does the number of users justify a static solution? Are there opportunities for smaller, NBN Sky Muster connections at homesteads, ranger stations, and camp grounds?

When deciding on a location, assuming if yo were to expand the telecommunications tower network, you would need to consider a few things; is your objective 100% coverage, is your continuous coverage along just the main state and arterial roads, or is your objective continuous coverage at the various ranger stations, homesteads, campgrounds and tourism sites?

You might need to do some further research as to where existing towers are located, but this may be hard to find.

Reach out if you’d like to discuss this further,

Luke

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.