Government Research for Design Area 3.3

Centre for Appropriate Technology Discussion Structures Government Research for Design Area 3.3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel Francisco
    Participant

Hello,

I am here to question about local government research about Cape York. I am having a hard time finding credible sources that can relate to Design Area 3.3. I have found three links consisting of local shires around Cape York, and a land council for Cape York, but I am not sure if these are credible sources.

Many thanks!

Omar El-Nachar
      Participant

Hey gabriel,

I have just started reading and getting to know what this EWB challenge is about for a project for a unit i am studying in university. If you are in university or studying something academically the way to tell for credible sources you use the CRAAP system a quick google search will help you understand and learn how to find credible sources.
        https://libguides.cdu.edu.au/c.php?g=167948&p=1103060
        quick read through this will help heaps.

otherwise, if you are really finding it hard to find credible sources for a specific design area, you got another 6-7 to choose from just choose something else?.

Kind Regards,
        Omar

Grace Roberts
        Keymaster

Hi Gabriel (and Omar),

Thank you Omar for sharing that info and helping out! Much appreciated.

Thanks for your question Gabriel – as Omar has suggested, refer to your university guides that will help you determine whether a source is credible or not. A quick search has brought up this one from Curtin University where you study, for example, but there will be others: https://libguides.library.curtin.edu.au/c.php?g=909870&p=6553318

Generally speaking, government sources are very reliable, and local government sources mostly can be relied on for up to date information (such as shires and land councils). They seem like a good place for you to start. For Design Area 3.3 about tourist shelters, you might also like to search for existing tourist accommodation operators and reference what types of shelters exist in the area already. These operators would be less credible for statistical information, however they would be suitable to reference as an example of shelters that exist in the area.

Hope this helps! Perhaps ask your lecturer/tutors if you have more questions about credible sources.

Best of luck,
          Grace

Gabriel Francisco
          Participant

Thank you very much for the responses Omar and Grace, the advice both of you have given helps me understand the situation better, hope you guys have a lovely day!

Grace Roberts
            Keymaster

You’re welcome Gabriel, glad it helps!

Best wishes,
              Grace

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.